It’s this time of the year again were fall colours are starting to cover our forests up in the north and south of the Canadian border.. Have a look at Vermont or New England and the beautiful colours.. makes you want to leave your desk and go out for a walk!
Today is October 1st and Microsoft has released the Fall 2021 release of GP, aka 18.4! Head over to the Microsoft Docs site to get the latest news about it and download your setup image.
Don’t miss out Terry Heley’s blog post(s) on the official GP Support blog page where she details the list of the various links to get your product downloads or latest documentation and “What’s New” papers.
In a nutshell, here are few of the new functionalities or features that have been enhanced.
- Scroll Through Account Segments
- Default Inquiry Sort Options (Receivables, Payables, Bank Reconciliation)
- Payables 1099 Default to Single Feed
- Payables 1096 form print email address
- Update Account Descriptions using Mass Modify
- Summary Post Accounts Receivables Cash Receipt through Bank Reconciliation
- Sales Order Processing GOTO
- Save Filter Settings for All-In-One
- Project code Modifier (Project and Contract Number also Project, Contract and Cost Category ID)
- Workflow Automation for Workflow Batches (GL, AR, PM) with auto-post (!!)
- Workflow Approver Count
- Workflow Carbon Copy delete option
Human Resource and Payroll:
- Payroll Transaction entry Defaults saved in batch
- Excel Copy and Paste Payroll Transactions
- Mask Employee Social Security Number on W2
- Safepay File pull name of employee from check
There are also some Quality Fixes, but the list is too long to enumerate here, use the download links provided on Terry’s blog post. For the full list of the blog posts related to the Upgrade planning, go to this page here
Microsoft’s Theresa Nistler from the “Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP” blog has also posted some very valuable tips and tricks about the latest release.. don’t miss them here.
Hope that you enjoyed reading this and until next post, wish you a happy life.
Leave a Reply